Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Wait



"Come back young man when you can afford to give her all of life's luxuries."

And he had vowed that he would. She had promised that she would wait for him.

The day had come. He rang the doorbell. The butler let him in.

"Madam will see you in the study."

Few minutes passed. He paced about nervously. Then noticed a pair of eyes peeking from behind the curtains.

A little girl. The same blue eyes. And the same smile. His heart sank.

"Are those flowers for me?"

"Yes, my little angel, just for you."

It was time to leave. He did not wish to see her anymore.
.
.
.
"Who was it dear, that wanted to see me?"

"I don't know Aunt Mary, but look, he brought me these pretty roses."

2 comments:

GreenGrl said...

One thing to learn...Assumptions are the root of all goodups ! :D
-P

Anonymous said...

poor thing... :(