Monday, March 12, 2007

Saturn Aura

I was looking at the Motor Trend car of the year award and came across Saturn Aura. The newest offering from Saturn (part of GM) in Sedans at least as one can argue about which is latest the Aura or the Outlook. Of course I can't say that the Aura or Outlook are the ones which reminded that Saturn still manufactured cars that you could consider because just a little over one year Saturn came out with the Sky... a two seater sports car which caused a lot of ooohhh and aahh.

Since I am considering getting a new car for myself I decided to checkout the Saturn Aura. Here is what I discovered:
A good looking sedan, nice jewel shaped headlights, tail lights with metal inserts. More than anything I liked the optional brown leather and the fact that you could remote start your car :-) This was the same period when it was as cold as California should never be.

Also, it was pretty spacious, especially at the back which was impressive. It also has a decent engine in the XR model V6 with around 250+ HP and a six speed transmission which gives you better ratios and improves mileage. 5 yr. 100K warranty is an added plus especially since my old just recently gave me a transmission problem.

Whats the not so good thing about this car, you would ask. Apart from the cost - meaning its not really cheap, a feeling less brake pedal and NO Navigation option... is that its American.
I truly believe that American cars have greatly improved their quality (including reliability) in recent years, granted that they still use the same interior components in their 13k cars as they do in their 45k cars but common you cant blame them for having so many of them built already, because after all they were selling like hell and if ppl didnt complain then the companies thought we never would...

It also talks about how difficult it is to change an opinion once its formed and especially when you are investing in something. I love cars, test drive them for fun, read tonnes about them and now am even trying to write on them... I know these are good cars and dont want my assumptions to prevent me from giving the Saturn Aura a fair chance as a potential canditate in my next car's selection. I will pick the Aura if it does offer all that we need in a car...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what is the cost?