Friday, October 5, 2007

Conversations With God

Hello there...

Huh? Who is it?

It's me. God. Can't you see me?

Well, maybe I could if you stopped shining that bright light in my eyes...

Oh sorry, I'm having trouble adjusting the brightness since I switched to these environment friendly CFLs.

Huh?...you use CFLs???

Ofcourse. Incandescent bulbs are so last year.

No, I mean to create light. I thought You created light.

Well...duh. Don't you know the law of conservation of energy? I can't create light out of nothing. Didn't they teach you this stuff in school?

Hmmm...so what about the whole "Let there be light" thing?

That was just a catchy tagline that my PR guys came up with. Helps keep up the cool image.

Oh. Okay.

So what brings you here? What is it this time?

What's that supposed to mean? Can't a guy just drop by to say hello?

Oh...I see...well, you know...most of the time it's only when people want something that they come to see me.

That is just so stereotypical. I expected You of all people to be a little more open minded.

Well, technically speaking I'm not one of the people...heh heh...

Hmm...funny. I've heard things about your sense of humour.

Yeah. I know they say I have a funny sense of humour. Seems kinda redundant if you ask me. I mean, if it is a sense of "humour" it's gotta be "funny", right?

Hey, that was cool. The way you flickered the light to do the quote-unquote thingy.

Aww, you noticed. Thanks.

So how are things in heaven?

Well, we are having some trouble with the FORCE.

You mean like an imbalance in the force? Like Star Wars?

No no...the FORCE...the Federation Of Roman Catholic Engineers...

Oh.

Well, now that you mention it I guess you could call them imbalanced...heh heh heh...

Hmm...funny.

You seem pensive. Something on your mind?

Well, it's just that...I don't know if I will ever see you again...so I was wondering if you could tell me the meaning of life...why we are here...where we are going...what our purpose in life is...

I guess I could. Except that...

Except what?

"Honey, wake up. You can't doze off like that during prayers. I thought the whole reason for coming to the temple was that you wanted to be in God's presence."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I say..
Awesome man..
:)

JeDi said...

yeah .. this was kinda nice :)

Dulari said...

The best part was "funny sense of humour"...I'm pretty sure that was not made up :)

GeekGrl said...

Why the grey look all of a sudden?

Sunshine said...

Very Funny!!!! :) Me Likes it...

IndiGeek said...

Thanks. Glad everyone liked :)