Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Sur`prize'

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME, .... Is this really it ? "

" Excuse me ? "

"Do you know what this is ? Do you know what its called ? "

" Not really Maam ! " {with a wild look}

"Oh My Gosh! I dont believe this, I have found it, I have finally found it ".

"My Precious.... Finally after a year's search in Watsonville , Menlo Park Farmers Market , San Jose flea market, And ..and ....its right here, 2 miles away from my home, Under my very nose,
a constant supply of Purslane.... Verdogala .... `my mumma's Gol Ki Bhaji ' , Haven't been this estatic before " ..

"(Thinking) Crazy lady"...

2 comments:

Jaya said...

Thakore... what do those words just mean? From your excitement, I obviously figure its khana... but what exactly, I haven't been able to tell :)

GreenGrl said...

OMG OMG !!
Even though I have blogged on and off (read twice) last year, I always thought the comments would be forwarded to me !!
Imagine my surpri'z'e when I revisited this blog and read the comments...
first of all thanks guys for reading this..and more so for leaving your comments..truly appreciate it..

Jaya -> Gol ki bhaji is a green veggie that I used to eat during my summer vacation in Hyd and sometimes in Chicago visits. It was not available in Gujarat..Its really one of my favaurites. Its coloquial name in Hyd is Gol ki bhaji, but after a lot of information gathering, I found that is called puslane or verdogala and is sometimes available in hispanic markets..
Though after this post, the shop discontinued carrying it! "sob sob.." ...